The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, another day in the high 80's, just typical winter visitor weather. Forecasts call for rain later this week. I'll go with the Weather Channel, they give the best chance.

Tom, my shooting buddy was shooting it at the time. He felt bad because this was the second gun of mine he was shooting when he says, "he broke them". Not his fault, the first one only cost a few dollars to fix, this one, I've now got a pile of spare parts if I ever need them.

I was reading an article about how dirty things are that we use. An RLU is a method they use to test for mold and bacteria. A score of 50 or less is passing. For example, a toilet has an RLU of around 866 which should be the benchmark for dirtiness. But it's not. Here's the short list if what's on top:
  • Shopping carts: 22,521
  • Takeout containers: 8691
  • TV Remotes: 7,349 
  • iPad/tablet: 6,993
  • Headphones: 6,339
  • Laptop: 4,915
  • Phone: 3,866
  • Keys: 1476
Some stores, like Walmart, spray their carts, but do they always? And where does gas station pump handles come in? I didn't see that on their list, but I'm sure it's right up there with shopping carts.

Have a great day, and try to not be drinking your Starbucks coffee with headphones on while you're pushing a shopping cart and holding onto your keys, (39,027 RLUs ), or 45 times dirtier than if you were carrying your toilet with you. Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-07-2021, 07:56 AM