The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is now 57 heading up to 62 and sunny.

Getting here a little late as we slept in and then did a few little chores around the house until both my wife and I felt it was time for a break. Bad backs will do that to you.

Had a good weekend. I trimmed down one of the bushes. Got it away from the house and out of the neighbor’s driveway. Took off the long single shoots that were growing out of the top. Also cleared the path to the electric meter.

Yesterday we went to the nursery and picked up some plants for the pots in the front yard and the pond in the back. Got home and planted them and I also got under the Japanese maple next to the pond raked out. My wife ordered window boxes that were supposed to arrive Friday but did not. Actually, they are coming today. Doing the pots yesterday helped with her disappointment and frustrations.

My wife has been on FMLA from work for the past couple of weeks. She will be on it until April 8th which is two weeks after her second shot. She is working virtual on Fridays. The special need child she is working with is not coming into school and is working from home. The district decided they wanted to open up the middle school fully on March 15th. Due to my wife’s asthma and diabetes three of her doctors stated she could not work in person until she was fully vaccinated. Since the district wanted her to come in person and log onto a computer to work with her student who is at home and the doctors said no, they placed her on FMLA leave. The school opened. COVID cases went up. My wife got an email early Saturday morning due to the rising number of cases, the fact that the kids are interacting with each other outside of school, and the inability to do contact tracing the county Department of Health closed the middle school for next week and they must go 100% virtual. All this so the district could say they were the first district in the county to open up fully. Now they can say they are the first district to open up fully and have a school closed. Since my wife is on FMLA she cannot work with the student until they remove her from it. The only person who can start the process is her supervisor and she has not heard back from him. Since she has doctors’ appointments and gets her second shot on Wednesday the likelihood of her going back is slim.

I finished building the coaling tower. I almost did not. I tried several ways to rig the coal chutes, but nothing looked good. I also encountered a couple more parts that would not go together correctly. At one point I seriously considered throwing it against a wall. I took a long break from the tower. When I returned, I did some painting and finished the stairs. Next is weathering and placing the tracks in it.

I have to go water the plants.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 03-22-2021, 12:08 PM