The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(03-23-2021, 08:13 AM)nachoman Wrote: Don, I remember reading about what they were building there, just can't remember what.  I am thinking it had to do with a sand/gravel operation.  Did you take photos?  Was in Superior last weekend, and no mask wearing there either.  We have avoided communities like that for a year because both my wife and I have medically sensitive people in our families that would not survive if they got Covid.  But today I get my vaccine.

Kevin, what you can see from US89 is the start of the journey which is a steep trail in itself. I couldn't begin the trek, never mind go the distance. I wish I could go, but it would be foolhardy for me to even start. My friend mentioned a lookout tower at the memorial, said there were stuff left behind by other fire departments, probably all over the world, but that's all he said. He, like Tom, does a lot of walking and bike riding, things I could only wish I could still do.

We did not mingle much with the locals there, went to the gun shop, tried to find somewhere that we could sit down for lunch and wound up eating in Wickenburg. Yes, the servers there did have masks on.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-23-2021, 08:52 AM