The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(03-23-2021, 11:07 AM)nachoman Wrote: Don, I think what you saw was a new Pozzolan mine.  My understanding is that there is a renewed demand for Pozzolan for concrete manufacturing because there is less fly ash available due to coal power plants closing.  I'm not sure if I had to deal with it because of work or just read read a news article somewhere.  I can't remember if they will ship by rail, but I don't know why they wouldn't.

You are right Kevin, my friend sent me an article about them reopening the mine. There is a really rusty set of rails on the other side of the road, I think I did see some cars parked there once. It's not an active line, but they have to go somewhere. Here's a shot of a SF overpass just north of Skull Valley. I've been trying to get a shot of it for a long time, this time someone else was driving so I took this. Don't know when the last time it was painted, but yes, it still says, "Santa Fe"....

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-23-2021, 12:43 PM