The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Still cloudy and 40 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Yesterday's high was supposed to be near 50 but barely made it to 41. I just read an article the other day about how the National Weather Service has started using a new model that was supposed to be so much more accurate than the previous version. More government money down the drain. Today's high is supposed to be 51. We shall see.

Trip to the gym was routine. Afterwards I made a trip to Walmart for some Corona (not the virus). Morphy Oil (Walmart's gas station) had gas for 20 cents less than anywhere else in town. Filled my car and should have filled my son's car but didn't. After lunch I spent about 3 hours on my son's Iowa taxes. Most of that time was consumed trying to find the right software mix to get everything to work. The Iowa website said down loading worked best with Internet Explorer and the form was only visible using Adobe Acrobat. Talk about antiquated. I also found an old firewall on the machine I was using. Had to uninstall that and set my browser and pdf defaults to IE and Adobe to get everything to work properly. Once the taxes are done I'll switch back. Nothing major planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 03-25-2021, 06:02 AM