The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, didn't get to 90 yet, tomorrow is suppose to be 91 or higher, pushing 100 by this weekend. Had the vehicle's A/C on already yesterday. Got a rock chip in my windshield, insurance pays 100% for repairs and replacements with no penalty on your premiums. The glass company wants to upsell, "you'll need new windshield wipers" says the guy on the phone. "The vehicle is less than a year old", I reply. "Well, they could be damaged from the chip, plus they should be changed every 6 months", more hard-sell. The repair guy comes out, "I understand you want new wipers",
"no, the guy on the phone wants me to buy new ones".
"OK, let's look, nope, they look good, yeah, the phone guy is from sales, that's his job to sell things".....

I remember years ago there was a meat market in town that would advertise low prices, but when you go there, they show you a decrepit side of beef and sell you the higher priced stuff. Bait and switch, and if it's not illegal, it is certainly immoral. Lots of scammers rely on sales pressure to make you think you need what it is they're selling.

Almost finished with my train display cabinet, add hinges and latches and it's good to go. Got to finish it be Friday, Pat's coming over to help me hang it on Saturday. It should have room for around 150 cars/engines.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-31-2021, 06:16 AM