The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Gonna be a nice weekend in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 43 now. Sunny and 75 today and sunny and 80 tomorrow. Truly nice weather for this time of year.

I had a fairly decent day yesterday. Walmart run in the morning was successful. Gym visit was sweaty. After that I took my son's car downtown and filled it up before the prices went down farther. Down to $2.71 here. When I got home there was a message from my daughter, something about Hawaii. Needless to say I called back. My hockey playing grandson is also in junior ROTC at his high school and their drill team has been selected to participate in the 80th anniversary Pearl Harbor parade. If they go it the trip would be a couple grand apiece. His mom is already pumped about going and is trying to figure out how to finance it. What she doesn't know is that by the time she arrives here next weekend I should have the check from my son's 401K which will offset a large part of the cost of the trip. It will be fun to spring that on her. After lunch I decided to make a trip to Menards. I actually got everything on my list. All in all a pretty good day.

Today is Saturday and of course that means laundry day. Also plan to spend a lot of time outdoors, working in the yard and riding the bike. I never did find any kites yesterday so that was a bust. I need to think of things for the great-grandkids to do while at the memorial gathering next weekend. Ages range from 13 to 3 years old. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Frank - glad you're feeling better.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 04-03-2021, 05:56 AM