The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 44 and heading up to 68.

Got on the computer late the past few days. Took advantage of the last couple of days before the wife had to report to her school and slept late. Once up did some chores around the house. Since the weather was nice, we got all the outdoor furniture out and placed. I put the cover on the gazebo and ran electricity to the gazebo.

Today is the first day the wife is reporting to her school. To say she is nervous is an understatement. They have six new cases this week and have been open only Tuesday and Wednesday. Here is hoping all goes well today and for the next ten weeks.

I did not get anything done on the Engine House. I did play around with some track schemes for the engine facility area. I was proud of myself as I cut a piece of 22-inch radius curve to fit a situation and it worked. I am hampered by the fact I do not have any left-handed #6 turnouts. I ordered three and they are taking the slow train from Oklahoma City. They have been in transit from Oklahoma City to their next destination since the 2nd.

I did have a little luck recently and found a couple of hard-to-find locos I was searching for months. Frist was a Walthers Mainline Undecorated NW-2. This loco will be done as a New York Ontario & Western unit. The second one was a GG-1 in the blue American Railroads scheme. I found one on eBay and had some promo money which made the price right. With out the promo money I might not have gone for it since it was an almost 50-year-old AHM loco. With the price I paid I figured if it did not run, I could still use the shell or make it a static display. It arrived yesterday and to my pleasant surprise when I tested it, it ran beautifully. As a matter of fact, it ran better than some brand-new locos I got from the manufacturer. The only thing I need to do is change the hook and horn couplers.

[Image: da66BtH.jpg]

I have a few chores to do and then make a grocery store run. I am hoping I might have time to visit a hobby shop while I am out.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 04-08-2021, 05:32 AM