The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a bright and sunny 42 heading up to 61. A more spring like day than the past few.

Did not make to the forums until very late yesterday. I was feeling the effects of helping the painter rehang the over the sink cabinet, the over the toilet cabinet and the lights for the master bathroom. The over the sink cabinet took us over two hours to do. The majority of the time was spent working on the wall. We had to move the wires for the light fixture. Next was try to find a stud which proved impossible. We found there used to be a recessed cabinet and when the previous owners had it replaced, they used wire mesh and some kind of goop to fill in the hole. It was a mess to get mollies into the wall. Luckily, we found a couple of studs for the top of the cabinet. Good thing my wife made an error and ordered a cabinet taller than the one it replaced. The light and the over the toilet were a piece of cake. My bad shoulder and legs were killing me yesterday and it was a handful of painkillers day.

Later I did look at the Cinder Conveyor and Ash Pit kit. I have a good deal of painting to do with this one.

N&W J 611 is returning to Strasburg RR this summer. I missed it the last time it visited. Not this time. I made reservations for the Wine and Cheese Train to be pulled by 611 over the Memorial Day weekend. This will be the fist time I have ridden behind 611 since the NRHS Convention in Roanoke in 1987.

This weekend we hope to pull the netting off the pond. I still need to get a part for the filter before I can install it.

On the modeling front I have the Cinder Conveyor to build, the water tower to weather, and the outside crane for the Engine House to paint and weather. I could also work on trying to get a satisfactory track plan for the engine facilities yard.

Today I need to run to the grocery store, pharmacy, and PetSmart to pick up an online order.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 04-23-2021, 07:14 AM