The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

38 and very dark at the moment. 56 and sunny predicted for later.

Yesterday did not go as planned. Gas company marked their line very promptly. Electric and cable are overhead so no problem digging. According to One Call all lines were supposed to be marked not later than 12:30 yesterday. Phone company never showed up. Logged on to One Call website and they weren't even on the list to be notified. Called the phone company and after several automated menus I got to speak to a real live person. Once I explained the problem the person said "I need to talk to my supervisor." Came back and asked for my ticket number which I promptly provided. Went away, then came back and said they would get someone out. When I asked when they said it would probably be Monday as they don't work weekends. The phone company did say that they would need to talk to One Call also since the phone company was not even on the list to be notified. Oh, well. Looks like that project will be on hold until next week.

Last night I babysat my daughter. She had knee replacement on Wed. and is doing well but struggles to get up sometimes. Otherwise doing very well. She starts physical therapy on Monday. In other news it looks like my perfectly good Weed Eater brand edger is now a pile of junk. I can no longer get replacement blades for it. I've looked at other brands of blades but the center mounting hole is the wrong diameter. Looks like I'll need to spend about $70-$80 to get a new one. I don't like the way a string trimmer does the edging. The previous edger was a gift for my wife (which she never used). I was given the pleasure of using it for her. Oh, well. Time marches on I guess.

I woke up w-a-a-a-y to early this morning. Been up since a little after 4. Need to make a grocery and beer run when the stores open up. Otherwise not a lot planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 04-24-2021, 04:40 AM