The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, Sunday, a day of rest, gee, that's what I've been doing for over a month now, am feeling better each day, so it's helping.

Today, we should be in the 90's, tomorrow, the 70's. Big drop in temps for a few days, then pushing 100 by the end of the week. Best chance of rain is Tuesday, how great of a chance, even those soothsayers can't agree. Maybe if I get the truck washed on Monday, that will guarantee rain.

Found someone willing to tackle my weed problem. I thought they'd scare him off, but he gave me a decent price which includes spraying. The guy that I've been using for years and can't get a hold of, would have charged me about the same, just that he'd start a lot higher and we'd have to dicker, plus when he sprays, it obviously doesn't do much good. This guy will show up later this week..... I hope, at least he didn't ask for money in advance.

Speaking of money, I've gotten several, "grandpa" scam calls lately, two in one day last week by two different "grandsons". Same story, hurt in car crash, found with alcohol, need bail money. All goes well until I ask them what their father's name is, then they either hang up or all hell breaks loose... They shouldn't call someone that's just sitting and resting and has time to jerk them around for a while. First clue is when I say, "oh, it's you Paul or Bobby or Nathan (or the first name I can think of)", and they say, "yeah". One had asked for $20,000, go big or go home I guess. The last one I told him I could probably scrape together $500, and miraculously, that's just the amount he needed.... Until, of course, he couldn't tell me his father's name. There's lots of things us retirees can't do for fun, but this is one we can do without leaving our couch... Icon_lol

Take care and have a great day today.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 04-25-2021, 06:50 AM