The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 47 at the moment but it's supposed to be 67 and sunny later, or so "they" say.

Lots of hard work yesterday. Digging up the tall grasses was more like digging out trees. All the roots were intertwined and very woody. Took me about an hour and a half to get that done. Then hauled the roots off and went to Menards for the new bushes. As I was loading them in the car a guy walked by and said "you either need shorter plants or a taller car." After lunch I got the bushes planted. I may have mad a mistake with them. The tag says they get to be 10 to 20 feet tall. I will try to keep them trimmed a little shorter than that. Also put down some weed killer and rode the bike to the grocery store for milk and bread. After that it was time for a shower and a Corona (not the virus). Not much on the agenda for today.

Last night was entertaining. I dreamed I got my stolen bicycle back. In the dream I traded my new bike for the one I got back. Yeah, silly dream but fun anyway. Today I need to get the oil changed on the mower and the power washer (if I can figure out how to drain the oil). I was looking at the power washer the other day and I can't find a drain plug anywhere. Surprisingly I don't really have any aches and pains from all my activity yesterday. Sure slept good last night though. Only other plans are a trip to the gym and a bike ride this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 04-28-2021, 06:16 AM