The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a bright 58 going up to 67. We are under a high wind warning for the day and I can say the wind has picked up quite a bit since dawn.

I went to Kohl’s yesterday to drop off the Amazon return and while I was there I picked up a tower fan for our bedroom that was 20% off and used the 25% off coupon for the Amazon return. Later I had to make a pharmacy run and got home just before the storm hit.

Last evening was a big step on the layout. I installed the Water Tower diorama into the layout. Granted the location is temporary but I can run trains across it again.

Today I hope to run some trains and work on the cinder conveyor.

I need to pull the pond filter and clean it. I need to run to PetSmart and get hay bales for the pond which help clarify the water. Then I probably will hit the grocery store.

Tom your experience with the utility line marking reminded me of an incident we had on a project. The contractor was installing storm sewer pipes along the road. The water company gave us plans showing where there lines were and unfortunately due to the terrain we had to lay the new pipe near their lines which meant the water company had to move them. They come out and mark the existing line on the other side of the road. The contractor and chief inspector question the utility representative and he assured them the line is marked correctly. I get a call and come out to the location and express my concern and again we are told the lines are correct and the plans we were given are incorrect. After some more discussions with supervisors and ourselves the contractor starts digging. Within a half an hour we have a geyser of water shooting twenty feet into the air as the contractor hit an 8-inch water main. Found out later the water company rep, his supervisor, and his supervisor’s supervisor were reading the plan upside down. Whoever drew the plan had the north arrow pointing to the bottom of the sheet (a drafting no-no). These guys assumed north was at the top of the sheet and thusly marked the line on the wrong side of the road.

Someday I will tell you about the disappearing guide rail posts.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 04-30-2021, 07:15 AM