The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a cloudy and dark morning with a temperature 57 going up to 76. This is a big change from the weekend with sun and temperatures in the low 90’s.

Despite the heat we did get some yard and garden work done. I had to clean the pump in the fountain in the front yard. We ran some errands on both days including taking the wife’s car to Delaware to get gas at $2.94. Best PA price we saw was $3.07 at a Wawa near the Delaware border.

I did not make any further progress on the Bachmann Diner. Not sure if I will pursue any repairs at this time. I found an inexpensive replacement on eBay and ordered it. I did change out the couplers on one of the Walthers PRR baggage cars. It appears I fixed one of the derailment spots. It was on a curve that passed over a joint in the pink foam. The track bounced some and the front truck of several three axle diesels was derailing. This was only happening to the second unit. The lead unit had no problems. I tacked down the track tighter and thus far that seems to have corrected the problem.

If all goes well I want to change out a few couplers and work with the Woodland Scenic inclines today.

I need to clean the fishpond filter. Water is clearing and thus far no algae bloom. We know for sure nine of the ten fish that were in the pond survived the winter. We also picked up a frog that we have no idea where it came from, who has decided to take up residence.

The wife and I are hoping to go to Ocean City, Maryland for a night later this week. Her school is closed Friday and she took Wednesday and Thursday off to have a procedure. However, she has rescheduled the procedure after discussing it with her primary doctor and endocrinologist until late July.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 05-24-2021, 06:27 AM