The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(04-13-2021, 01:44 PM)ezdays Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 12:27 PM)Mountain Man Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 05:58 PM)ezdays Wrote:  We go back with more than we came with, but don't have the room for some of those larger targets like couches, washing machines and TV sets.

That's not target shooting.  That's trash dumping.

I'm fortunate enough to live in a small town of only 500 that has an excellent outdoor range available.  Resident members get a key and can use it any time.

Otherwise, I live in the outskirts where firing at targets on my own land is allowed so long as I fire towards the large bluff behind me as a backstop.  I just let the neighbor know as a courtesy!

That's what some folks use the desert for, don't go to the landfill and spend a few bucks, don't even call the city and have them come by your house and take big things away for free. Just dump it somewhere in the desert when no one else is looking. Some of the more lazy one will dump stuff in the ally behind other people's houses. Then, there are those that actually bring their old furniture, appliances, electronics and other targets (sometimes glass), shoot them up and just "forget" to take them back. We have participated in an organized cleanup and had filled a very large roll-off dumpster to the point that they couldn't pull it onto the truck. All we ever ask is that they take back what they bring. There are those that have "secret" shooting spots that they wouldn't disclose the location of even if tortured for this very reason.

Yeah, we've got a few of those around  as well, but we keep track of our own,and this small ghost town is not a magnet for outsiders.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Mountain Man - 05-25-2021, 12:38 PM