The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is 59 now and raining. We already hit our high of 66.

The wife and I have been doing outside stuff trying to finish before the rains came. I think we just made it. I got the fishpond filter clean, and she took care of a couple of water lilies that kept falling over. Their roots had grown out of the bottom of the pot, so she had to trim them. We did some other gardening and weeding.

The wife and I spent two days and night in Ocean City, Maryland getting home late yesterday. It was out first overnight venture since all the fun began last year. It was nice little getaway, not too crowded and the weather was nice. Stopped at a few of our favorite places to eat and shop. The drive down on Wednesday was easy. The drive home Thursday was a little rougher but then again, we hit the evening rush for a while. Southbound traffic through Delaware, on the other hand was crowded and stop and go in certain places. I can only imagine how much worse it will today and especially this evening.

No modeling the last few days. I am hopeful over the long weekend to get some work on the layout and the passenger cars.

Tomorrow my wife, daughter, and I are going to Strasburg to ride behind N&W #611. We are doing the Wine and Cheese Train. I have not ridden behind or seen 611 in person since the 1987 NRHS Convention in Roanoke.

The rest of the weekend is up in the air at the moment. I know there will most likely be some shopping.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 05-28-2021, 01:32 PM