The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(06-01-2021, 07:49 AM)Charlie B Wrote:            ...Don, I bet I know the story of how Bagdad got it's name. See if I am right:

Many years ago the fathers and sons would work the mine together and the sons got the job filling the bags with what ever. When the bag was full they would then say "Give me another bag dad" and that is how the name came about.  That's why there is no H in Bagdad. Wink

Charlie

Could very well be Charlie, we can go with that since there's no record saying otherwise, Waiting but that really would be a hard way to mine anything. Glad they didn't call it, "Sackdad". Icon_lol  

On that same note, there's a town here in Arizona called. "Show Low". It got it's name after someone won it in a poker game of Low Ball. There was a dispute about who owned the town and they agreed to decide by playing a hand of poker. He turned over his cards and said, "show low", won the game and the loser had to leave town, never to return. Now, unlike your story, this one can be verified as true. Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-01-2021, 10:03 AM