The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is afternoon already. Where did the morning go? I will tell you I have been on the phone trying to get my wife an endodontist appointment, an appointment with her cardiologist, and straighten out her diabetic supplies order. The wrong stuff got sent. After nearly three hours on the phone the appointment with the cardiologist is made, the correct diabetic supplies should be shipped later today. The endodontist is still up in the air. I have left messages or have been told there are no appointments until July. This is great since she has an infected tooth. I did get two appointments scheduled and I will let her choose but they are both in two weeks. Big problem is trying to schedule around her work schedule since she has no time left since her work made her use all her leave time when the school reopened and her doctors would not authorize her to go to work in person until she was fully vaccinated. They recommended she continue working virtual since her student was also remaining virtual. School said no she had to come into the building so she could use her computer to work with him just like she had been doing at home since September. Her only option to keep her job was go on Family Leave and use up all her time.

It is 72 and sunny. Going up to 75.

I need to go to the produce store, the grocery store, the pharmacy, the meat market, and PetSmart. Since I have been glued to the phone all morning, I am not sure what if any trips are going to get done.

With the rain this weekend we got a few inside things done. We touched up some paint on the walls. Straightened up a few messes. We did relax some on Saturday to help recover from out one night trip to Ocean City, MD. Sunday we took my daughter to get a new desktop computer. Some of the things she needs to do she cannot do on her laptop. We also went to Target where my wife ventured into the store to look around for the first time in over a year.

Modeling I installed the inclines at the edge of the Water Tower Diorama. This stopped the uncoupling and derailing. I ran trains for some time. I had a coupling problem with my Erie Built A and B units. Discovered the Proto coupler on the B unit was busted. I replaced it with a Kadee #5. Just like the rear coupler box did when I replaced the coupler the clip on the box broke. Got out the drill, the tap, and screw and redid the box.

Saturday was a special day. My wife, daughter, and I rode the Strasburg Railroad’s Wine and Cheese Train. The train was pulled by Norfolk and Western #611. I have not personally seen 611 since the 1987 NRHS Convention in Roanoke when she ran with the A #1218.

[Image: LGJbJGP.jpg]

[Image: JuRKjNn.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-01-2021, 10:44 AM