The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a humid 62 with a high of 76. We are supposed to get thunderstorms this afternoon most likely when I am taking the cat to the vet.

The dog did well through his shave down. Not surprisingly he had an ear infection which we had suspected. He is up and moving around and seems to be doing better than he has been in a while.
The cat who is going to the vet this afternoon is our long-haired old man of 16. For the last ten years at least, he has gone to the vet and shaved down in the late spring. Today is his pre-grooming check up since he has to be knocked out to groom.

(06-02-2021, 07:43 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Tom, I fully understand the problems with a blind dog. When Beck when diabetic he lost his sight in 3 days and as hard as we worked we could never get him to where he had a good quality of life. The disease just kept getting more and more out of control and he finally refused to eat. We really miss him.

Charlie, Scotty went blind within a couple of weeks. It was really fast. His appetite is generally good. We have a day or two every month where he won’t eat. Last night and this morning he ate ravenously, so much this morning I gave him an extra treat. I dread the day when he begins to decline because I know it will be unexpected and fast. It will be very hard on my wife as Scotty is her last connection to her father as the two of them were best buddies and through all of my father-in-law’s dementia the one thing he never forgot was Scotty.

I got the grocery store, the produce store, and some of the meat market done yesterday. I need to go back to the meat market since I left without finishing my shopping. The store was too crowded and by then my tolerance of people especially ignorant ones was too low to be out in public.

Today I am going to run to Target or Walmart to see if I can find some storage bins. If time allows I want to go to Costco and check it out since we just got a membership.

No modeling last night. Hopefully there will be some work done on some PRR passenger cars.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-03-2021, 06:54 AM