The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, yesterday went off without a hitch. We had some rain start just before we were ready to leave and it rained most of the way up there but none by the time we reached the cemetery. Had a nice ceremony, two men from the diocese set up chairs and a canopy, they were there, plus of course, the priest as well as my two sons, their wives and one granddaughter. It was a happy time, we all shed our tears months ago, we were all just pleased that my wife is now in a beautiful setting. We stopped off at a local hamburger/BBQ place, I could not believe the size of those burgers, piled high with "everything". Nobody finished their meal, lots of take-home boxes. Just a nice day, even the freeway was going along at a decent pace. Usually I-17 has two speeds, either you're going 90 or 20, but not yesterday.

There are 23 fires burning in Arizona right now. We went through some smoke from the one near Camp Verde, and could see the fire north of Sedona. That one is causing evacuations and is zero contained. The one up in Strawberry/Pine is also causing evacuations, these were all started from lightning strikes. Too many fires, too little resources.

Not much more to say, today starts a new chapter in my life, and I'm OK with that.

Thanks for listening, I would only share this with friends....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-24-2021, 06:18 AM