The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is 88 and the heat is on going up to 90 with no rain in sight for a couple of days. Officially this is our second heat wave of the year.

Been up for a while just getting to the computer. I have done most of the daily chores. I still have laundry to take care of.

The first ever Upper Darby Pride Festival my son helped organize was a huge success. By the end of the day, he had vendors and visitors asking about next year. He had many politicians show up including the mayor, township council members, school board members, state representative, and US Congresswoman. He was exhausted and not surprisingly considering he was out in the sun for 12 hours and according to his fitbit he walked 20 miles. I drove one of the U-Hauls and helped with loading and unloading.

Needless to say, no modeling got done.

I did have a scare yesterday. I was trimming our weeping cherry tree when the ladder suddenly sunk on one end. If I would have ridden it down, I would have been flung into several bushes and rocks. I pushed off the ladder and remembering my training from Boy Scouts and various sports, I landed and rolled ending up on my feet in a crouching position. I have a slight bruise on one arm and other than being sore for a time no other injury. Upon inspecting the stone, I had placed the ladder leg on had been undermined by some tunneling critter. Luckily, I was only on the second step when all this happened.

Today I hope to change out some couplers and maybe run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-28-2021, 10:31 AM