The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, well, rain up north and to the east, some to the west, I hope it's helping the firefighters, but nary a drop around here. Maybe today will be better.

Quote:Don - you must be exhausted having to actually flip a light switch. I do hope you took a nap to recover.

Well Tom, it was kind of stressful, even finding those light switches was a chore, thank goodness I was able to get the router working before I was drained of energy. I used the same names and passwords for the Wi-Fi and all the devices started working without reprogramming. Applause The big secret, pushing "reset" does not reset some things, holding it for 30 seconds does.  Waiting Nowhere in the manual does it even mention the reset button. Nope

I have to ask, are we becoming too dependent on technology? Think about it, I have at least 17 devices connected to my Wi-Fi, including my TV's, Alexa and thermostat, you can buy smart refrigerator, coffee makers, garage door openers and doorbells to name a few and they're all there ready to help, sometimes without even asking. We have pre-kindergarten kids that are more computer savvy than I was when I graduated college. You see a whole table of folks in a restaurant, all with their heads in their cell phones or tablets. You see folks texting while driving, regardless of the laws. I'm just wondering, is all that technology such a good thing? I wonder what future generations will be like, so totally dependent on their electronics rather than their own abilities. Then I'm reminded, there wouldn't be a Big Blue Trains if it wasn't for at least some of this technology....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-30-2021, 06:51 AM