The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon. 
     I was mowing grass but I am now on a rain delay. Now the grass will be too wet to mow until this evening and it is a nice cool day so I hate to waste it. 

We are doggie sitting a grand dog, a Shar-Pea that my grandson adopted 2 years ago. He got her because she was attacking the parties other dog so being the smart kid he is he said he would take her if she got along with his 3 little children.  He was darned lucky. My wife checked her out before he committed fully and she has a wonderful gentle disposition, in fact our vet says he has never met a Shar-Pea as sweet and gentle as her. Our dogs, Bonnie, a Samoyed, and Clyde, a border collie get along swell, though Piper does not appreciate being herded by a border collie. It's fun to watch. Of course we have 3 that will probably go nuts if the fireworks get hot and heavy. Bonnie is terrified by storms and fireworks though getting better. I think maybe her hearing is going. She is almost 11. 

I finally got the decoder installed and the shell back on the RS12. What a nightmare. I can't begin to know how many hours I worked on a 20 minute job. 
so, I decided to put the clear coat on it last night so I could get some decaling done and for the first time in my life, the clear blushed. Now slow drying finishes are not supposed to blush but this one did. I went to bed very POed but this morning when I looked at it I think it will be fine because what little blush that didn't come out can easily be hid with some weathering.  I finally got the details back on the K4 smoke box and applied some graphite paint so maybe I can get that one running this week end. 

Praying for good things and good health for everyone. Have a happy Fourth. 

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 07-02-2021, 10:51 AM