The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is 85 which is currently the high temperature. The big heavy storms missed us yesterday. We got some rain and a few flashes of lightening. Eastern Bucks County and North East Philadelphia got clobbered with 8 to 10 inches of rain. Many roads were closed, and water rescues were everywhere. They are calling it a 100-year storm. We could have more storms tonight, hopefully not like yesterday.

Slept in a little today. After we ate brunch the wife and I headed out. We hit PetSmart, the produce store, and the drive thru dairy place.

I was going to change couplers on the cars I used for my recent Lehigh & Hudson River run by. For the time being I am leaving any Atlas models with the AccuMate I am leaving alone. My goal is to get rid of as many plastic EZ-Mate and McHenry couplers as I can. As it would turn out the first four cars, I pulled off the train did not need new couplers. The LHR caboose was an Atlas with an AccuMate coupler so other than checking it against the coupler gauge I left it alone. The other three, two Athearn RTR and a Bachmann Silver Series all had Kadeeā€™s that I changed out when I weathered them. They also had metal wheels. On the two Athearn cars I modified the coupler pocket to add a screw to hold the coupler clip in place. I hope to continue with the rest of the train tonight.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 07-13-2021, 02:25 PM