The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good evening everyone.
         It was a beautiful day here so I got a lot done. 
         I have been missing from the forum for a few days (other than my daily picture if I find a good one).
         My quest for  motor home ended Monday when I got the unit I have been searching for.  I wanted an early model with no computer controlled anything that had a good motor and tranny and a good frame with a decent body. I found a 1981 Coachmen Leprechaun 22 foot class C with a rebuilt Ford 351W crate motor and a C6 transmission 
         It needs work but we expected that, but there is very little water damage and what there is is easily fixed. We had planned on gutting whatever we found and making it work for us so that is what we are doing. I will remove all the windows and put new caulking around them. there are a lot of new materials that work way better than what was available 40 years ago. It did come with 6 brand new tires so that is good too. 
         Praying that you get some rain in the southwest. Lake Mead being so low could damage the concrete in the Hoover Dam. the hydro plant I ran was a run of the river plant but the engineering firm told us to keep enough water flowing over the dam to protect the concrete. I know one side of the Hoover is not covered at all but the other side was.
          Hope everyone is well or on the mend.  Frank, keep gaining the weight back and continued prayers that the treatments do the job. 
          Cheers
          Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 07-22-2021, 09:40 PM