The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is 77 heading to 80. It is overcast at the moment. We had a short shower around dawn. We are supposed to get some nasties later this afternoon.

I have not been on much this week as it has been crazy. My wife had either doctor appointments or test all this week. She was supposed to get a procedure done today but it was canceled because the cardiologist office would not clear her. They set up a two day stress test for her and she has not be able to complete the second day. The test involves lying on a flat plastic surface with your arms above you and your legs strapped to the surface and then you are stuffed in a tube. They give you an injection which stresses your heart. First day about 4 hours was torturous for her. She is claustrophobic, has a bad back, and has breathing issues. The first time she tried day 2 the machine went down. The second time her claustrophobia got the better of her. After the second try the cardiologist office canceled the procedure and when my wife spoke to the nurse, the nurse did not listen to her concerns and was downright rude. This is the same nurse who was rude and disrespectful to my wife's primary doctor when he was trying to get the tests moved from late August to now due to my wife needing the procedure. My wife tried for a third time today and it failed due to her having breathing issues during the test. The radiology people said not to worry and they would send the results as and have a report prepared. They were very sympathetic and helpful once they found out about what my wife was going through with the cardiologist's office. Also my wife had an echocardiogram yesterday that showed no problems or changes since the one she had in 2017. My wife will be speaking to her primary today or tomorrow and asking him to recommend a new cardiologist. When my wife sees the her current cardiologist next she is gong to inform him that she likes him but cannot remain a patient due to the rudeness, uncaring, and bad attitude of his office staff. No more test for a week are scheduled. The next one is a sleep study.

With all this craziness I did get the couplers converted on an IHC Southern Pacific coach. I used the Kadee #508 coupler kit. I had a few minor issues but got things to work. When I changed the wheels to 36 inch metal a problem developed. The molded brakes rubbed against the wheels stopping them. After some thought I just removed them. The car was seriously under weight. I had to add two ounces to bring it up to a similar Walthers Mainline coach. I did have an issue with installing the coupler at the location the kit recommended which was to have the trip pin even with the end of the car. On curves the coupler would catch on the frame and derail the car. I moved the coupler out past the end of the car and the problem went away. I have a couple more cars to do.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 07-29-2021, 10:24 AM