The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all.
        Continuing work on the vintage rv.  I knew there was a lot to do but so far everything has been less work than anticipated. The water damage has so far been easily repaired with one more section left to do.  I found some 4x8 plastic panels at the local bargain supply store that will be used for some of the inside roof panels and the lower section behind the table and booths. 

Tom, I don't know how much weed spray you use but I can tell you some tricks about killing weeds. I did 4 miles of railroad for over 10 years and learned a lot.  We had knotweed to control as well as other stuff.  The big trick is to fool the weeds into thinking the weed killer is good for them so you don't want them to die fast. Let them circulate the chemicals all the way to the roots. I used broadleaf killer on the knotweed because I wanted the grasses to come back so it would have a harder time coming back but for a total kill I used roundup (or the TSC equivalent)(https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produc..._vc=-10005) I mixed the glyphosate product at 1% (a gallon makes 128 gallons). I bought 2.5 gallons when I retired to do my driveway and fence line and I will have enough to do the first spray next year so it goes a long way. The best time to spray is about 2 weeks before the first frost when the plants are storing all they can for the winter dormant period.  I generally do a spray the middle of May and again the first of October here but your first frost is probably sooner. 

We are looking at 2 hot humid days here so I plan on taking it slow. 
        I have already been for my 6 month blood draw for my semi-annual check up so I need another snack to refill after the fast  Icon_e_biggrin 

Prayers for all the folks that need to get back home, and praying that the cures for cancer are found and released. 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 08-11-2021, 08:15 AM