The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning
     Still working on the RV. It has turned into a fun project so we are just taking our time and doing a lot of things as preventative. I found a new style caulk recommender for RV's so I decided to remove all the joint cover moldings on the roof, clean them and recaulk under the moldings. It is a slow process but this stuff claims it will stretch up to 6 times without losing the seal which is what is needed for an RV. They claim there is the same amount of stress on a driven RV as there is on a house in a 4.5 earthquake. 
       Don, I just don't know what is wrong with people in business today. We had a donut shop here in town in the 70's that was run by one of my friends. His dad started the business in another town nearby so he opened up here using the same name. He did a terrific business and they started making donuts at 3 AM (remember "Time to make the donuts" In 1983 his dad decided to retire so Butch sold the shop here, along with the use of the name and took over hiss dads store. The folks that bought the shop here made some changes and were out of business in less than a year. Butch retired and sold his dad's shop in 1988 and it is still going strong today. (No changes were made.) 
        Our local towns are suffering from the loss of jobs in the steel and pottery industries and the new business opportunities seem to be "antique" stores. A village with under 5000 folks can't support too many junk stores. Icon_e_biggrin 
        The best restaurant in town suffered the same fate as your favorite place and closed, now some folks have bought it and think it will make money selling and sipping wine and such. 
         And of course, there are the shops that advertise their hours but close early because they weren't busy. Of course you aren't busy. I stopped but you were closed so I went to Walmart. 
          I'm praying you get better and better faster than you are. 
          Frank, it looks like you are doing well. I am keeping you in my prayers. 
          Everyone stay safe. 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 08-23-2021, 07:37 AM