The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is a bright 84 going up to 85. There a 40% chance of storms. We had some rain roll through overnight and in the early morning.

I finally had a chance to vacuum out the car and give the interior a good cleaning. Did a few little chores around the house over the weekend.

I began building the Walthers Passenger Platform kit. I finished two platforms and am about halfway done the other two. I have some painting touch-ups to do on all four and add some decals to signs.

I need to run to the pharmacy and the grocer store. The wife goes back to work tomorrow so she wants some things to take with her.

Charlie it is funny you mentioned the small shops and their lack of hours. When we first moved to Drexel Hill there were many mom-and-pop shops such as grocery stores, appliance stores, hardware, clothing, and a few others. They almost all had hours from 10 to 4 during the week. Almost all were closed on Sunday. Saturdays were usually the same 10 to 4. A few had late hours on Wednesdays where they would be open until 6, 7, or rarely 8. Since we all worked in our household, we could not patronize these shops. I asked one owner why he did not have later hours and he replied, “That is the way we always did it.” Their business model was based on the stay-at-home mom who could shop during the day. Needless to say, all of those places are long closed, and this was long before Walmart showed up. Victims of not changing to the marketplace and the fact of working moms.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 08-23-2021, 11:53 AM