The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, ahhh, Saturday, got to sleep in. I guess since I'm retired I could sleep in everyday, just that I've gotten up early for so much of my life that I can't break the habit. Plus, there's my social time when I go to breakfast at 6:00 during the week. We have a few more days of 110+/-, then by Tuesday, we're down into the 90's and a decent chance of rain for the rest of the week. I think they're counting on getting some of the remnants of Ida.

Got my Trainmaster order, a day early. I can now put a fence up to protect the water tower from those graffiti-minded kids. I also bought a couple of DMP buildings. It's been a long time and now I remember why, the windows are molded into the walls, making painting a whole lot more difficult. Does anyone have any tricks they use for painting these kind of kits other than a small brush, a steady hand and lots of patience?

Mikey, I though about sitting down with her and having a heart-to-heart, but frequently, she unlocks the door and leaves. If she does stay, she's got her head in paperwork rather than talking to customers or refiling coffee cups. Supposedly, this is not her first rodeo. We still have no clue as to her name, nor doe she know any of ours. When Brenda was there, on the back of each check was an individual, "thanx Don, or thanx Bob, or Chuck or Doug", just a Brenda touch. Now, it's the cook that comes out and chats with us when she can.

Take care, have a great weekend and yes, prayers for all those in need, especially those in Afghanistan and those in the path of the hurricane.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 08-28-2021, 07:50 AM