The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, temps slowly dropping, 106 yesterday, 105 today. Suppose to reach 100 by next week. Heck, next week is the beginning of Fall..... we are just a few weeks away from the flock of snowbirds flying in with their huge RV's towing something. The worse I ever saw years ago was an RV towing a car and a boat. Totally illegal.

Tom, I'm sorry you have to go through this, it's difficult and as you well know, never fully goes away. Prayers for you that you get though this and that the pain ease up for you.

Today and tomorrow are free days, nothing scheduled. My truck has been nagging me about needing an oil change soon (now down to 5%), there's a Valvolene quick change that just opened two blocks from my house, so I tried to find out what they charge, wound up on hold when I called, but they did offer to text me a $25 off coupon for full synthetic. Great, but HOW MUCH? Finally found something on the Internet, $90 and does not include tire rotation. Wow, just a bit pricey even with the coupon, so I made an appointment with another place about two miles away, $54 including tire rotation. The last time I went to Walmart, they charged $45, so what's the big deal at this new place, one pace ahead of inflation I guess... Waiting Oh yeah, there's always an extra charge for "waste disposable", (that's where they sell your used oil to a recycler), no matter where you go.

Went to Brenda's for breakfast yesterday. Brenda always changed the decor depending  on the season or holiday. The new owner finally took down the July 4th decorations and put up ones for Fall... I think she's catching on. It may be a bit late since a lot of the regulars are gone.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 09-15-2021, 06:32 AM