The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is currently 60 and heading up to 77.

We spent time outside this weekend. Since the tomato plants were pretty much done, we picked the last tomatoes and removed the plants from the raised planter. We cleaned the outdoor rug including shampooing it. Ran some errands on Sunday.

I finished assembling the Union Station kit. I did some weathering but felt it came out too dark. I applied a lighter color of pan pastels. I need to seal it. I had some issues at the beginning of weathering. Before applying the chalks, I sealed the building with Kyrlon Flat Clear Coat. When it dried to my horror, I found the sealer had frosted. I checked the humidity before I sprayed, and it was right at the upper level (Can says 65%, my weather app said 66%). I also had sprayed outdoors just after twilight. At first, I freaked and then settled down and did some researching. Thanks to the folks on several forums dedicated to Warhammer miniature painting I found the problem was quite common and usually caused by environmental condition. Almost ever time it happened it was due to high humidity. Another interesting thing was many times it happened when people had sprayed outside and in the evening. Basically, I took away that Kyrlon Colormax sealer was prone to this problem, keep an eye on the humidity, and don’t spray outdoors in the evening or at night. The solution was to respray the building with the same sealer but under proper environmental conditions. I did so the next afternoon outdoors with the humidity at 30%. Guess what. It worked. Frosting disappeared.

I also installed “glass” in the windows of a Bowser Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines caboose I had built a while ago.

Today is errand day. I need to run to the produce store and grocery store. I have to take my wife’s watch to a Fossil store to get a replacement battery. This means going to either the King of Prussia Mall or the outlet center in Limerick.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-20-2021, 06:24 AM