The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, great deals at Walmart (and probably other places), on Halloween costumes. 50% off. Even saw a woman digging through them. Is it smart to buy something now for a kid that will probably be twice as big next year? Just asking...

Gas has kind of stabilized at $3.59, but I see a few isolated stations at $3.89, typical strategy, pay our high price if you forgot to fill up in town....

I'm ready to plant the Denny's on my layout. I need to do that before I lay the track around it. There's a Denny's a few miles from me that I kind of used as a model for mine, it's built with the back facing the street and so the front then faces the huge parking lot and the other stores in the shopping center. I could face my Denny's in either direction, there's no street and a small parking lot, so I really have to think that one out. I see a lot of strip shopping centers with the backs of the building facing the street. I don't know why they do that, I would think a business would get more exposure the other way, but who am I to question those that get the big bucks for making these decisions.

The weather here is exceptional, mid-80's, dropping into the 70's next week. Hope it's nice where you are, they are saying that they are looking at 12 foot of snow up in Alaska. Geeze, how do you even get out of your house?

Have a great day today, be careful and smile a lot. They say that's good for you... and everyone else too.... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 11-02-2021, 06:25 AM