The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 42 at the moment headed for sunny and 68 with light winds this afternoon. Same for tomorrow only a little breezier.

I did go for a walk yesterday afternoon since it was a little too windy for bike riding (over 35 mph). Otherwise not much accomplished. Talk about ask and ye shall receive. In yesterday morning's paper there was an article that the local burning ban will be lifted starting today for a week. With the light winds predicted for today it looks like that pile of brush on the patio will be history.

While reading last month's MR (yes, I'm a little behind) I saw a review of an Athearn GP-18. It took a second look at the photo to realize the engine was decorated with the old Illinois Central green diamond logo. I've been hooping for a 1st gen diesel with that for a long time. The engine should be here Monday. That green diamond was on the engines I saw while growing up in Waterloo, IA.

On tap for this morning is a scrimmage involving one of the great-grandsons at 10. The rest of the day will be occupied with outdoor projects such as the aforementioned brush burning. I'll be taping the football game for later.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 11-06-2021, 06:34 AM