The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 61 and raining. High will be 64 with rain.

I have not dropped in here for most of the week. We have been having a rough time. My wife has been sick since Tuesday evening. She has been running a fever since then that has been as high as 104 at times. She has not been below 99.5 since this began. She has a headache along with aches and pains throughout her body. She has had a few bouts of breathing issues, but her rescue inhalers and nebulizer treatments have kept them from getting severe. She has periods usually when her temperature is elevated where she is shivering.

She had a negative covid test Wednesday morning. She was given another covid test yesterday afternoon when we visited urgent care, but we have not gotten the results. She got her covid booster and flu shot on Saturday.

We have been on the phone numerous times with her doctor’s office. At first, we got another doctor in the practice who is not her doctor. She was not helpful. In the end her only suggestion was to go to the ER. This discussion was through a telemed “visit” because according to the receptionist they can’t have sick people in the doctor’s office.

Last evening her doctor called, and we had a long conversation. Frankly at this point he is stumped. He does not believe it is covid. I could be a reaction to the vaccines, but it is outside the normal time period for reaction. Lastly it could be a virus or infection of some type causing the problem. They gave her antibiotics and there is no change. As part of the conversation, he went over when it is time to go to hospital. He basically gave us symptoms and other signs to look for and what we should do.

Needless to say, I am exhausted. I have been on the couch all week as she won’t let me sleep in the bed just in case. The real downer is the feeling of helplessness as I can only watch and make phone calls. Part of me wishes it was covid because at least then we would know what we are dealing with and what to do about it.

I have tried to work on the layout and run trains in an effort to relax in some way. I did get the roadbed down in the area of the passenger station. I still have to glue it down. I tried to run a train last night, but the locomotive basically died. At first I thought is might be the number of cars on the train but even running light it barely moves. It ran fine two months ago. I am going to do some track and wheel cleaning. I also will check the track to make sure there are no shorts or something causing a problem. I have a feeling there is something going on with the gears and I might be looking at giving the loco a good cleaning and tune up.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-12-2021, 06:49 AM