The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Friday morning to ya all, just about time to join the swell of folks decorating for Christmas. I will be putting up the tree this weekend, a week ahead of schedule. When I was a kid, we didn't put up the Christmas tree until the day before Christmas. Two reasons for that, one, if waited, we could get a tree for just a few dollars, no one wanted trees on their lot on Christmas morning. Second, it was a live tree and started shedding needles about five minutes after it got in the house.

SJ, that's a heck of a buy on turkeys, around here they're going for about $1.50 to $2.00 a pound. They're saying that like a lot of things, turkeys and trees are in short supply this year.

Temps are still high here, so is gas. That station near me that was $3.51, shot up to $3.69 yesterday, will probably be $3.79 today to match other stations. The cheapest gas in Arizona is in Bullhead City, $2.99. Now Bullhead City is on the Colorado River far from any big city or freeway so you have to wonder why.

Heading to Denny's this morning, Brenda's regulars are getting fewer and fewer. Yesterday there was only three of us, one twice-a-day regular started going somewhere else, a real pity. He has an electric wheelchair and it's further for him, but the new owner still refuses to even say good morning to her customers or even pick up a coffee pot to refill cups, and folks stopped going the day she took over the place.

Take care everyone and have a great day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 11-19-2021, 06:13 AM