The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(11-21-2021, 11:37 AM)sir james Wrote: Tom prayers for your wife. hope she is home soon.
Gloomy in the 40s, some rain expected this afternoon.
Wife went to church, I watched from home, can hear better on the laptop. I have High frequency loss that makes voices hard to understand. I can hear the coffee perking downstairs in the kitchen but don't know what my wife said from the other room.
Not sure if anyone here would be interested and hope I'm not breaking the rules it's mostly all 3 rail but give OGF a try. O Gauge Forum. (not that better known one)
S.J.

SJ, had several hearing aids over the years, had problems with them all since technology kind of just gave you either a flat boost or could boost either end of the spectrum. I have a dip in the range where women speak, I couldn't hear any of the reading or homily at church as well, even with an expensive aid. I just got a new aid a few weeks ago and what a blessing. It's tuned to fit my hearing loss and I have several different programs I can switch to depending on where I am. I heard every word at church this morning, I can understand what women are saying and I can hear things that I never knew made those sounds. They  are working on my left ear now, so that an aid in that ear will transmit sounds to the right ear. I still won't be able to tell directions that sounds are coming from, but I'll know what's going on at my left. The nice thing, I can control it all using my cell phone. Better yet, the insurance company picked up a big chunk of the cost.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 11-21-2021, 12:03 PM