The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all on this last day of January... Almost time for Walmart to put out the Easter candy, Easter is now less than three months away and they must be itching to get it on the shelves.

No newspaper yesterday, called, got a message, "today's paper will be two hours late due to staffing shortages". Here we are 24 hours later and still no paper. I drove by Arby's around noon the other day, the dining room is closed due to staffing shortages and the drive-thru was clear out into the street. So many jobs open, so many on unemployment, make you wonder and a bit upset that we're paying people more to stay home than they could make working.

Going to call my insurance company today and see what it's going to take to get the ceiling repaired. It's been probably 35 years since I had an insurance claim, actually for the same thing, water damage, and the next year they raised my deductible and my rates. If you listen to their commercials on TV, they're there for us, in reality, not so much.

Time to head out to Brenda's for breakfast. One day we're going to find the doors locked because the cook quit. The new owner has yet to lift a finger to even walk around with a pot of coffee and says nothing to the customers, then the cook says she said that she's not here to make friends and wonders why nobody shows up. She told the cook that she'll give her a raise... well, as soon as she shows a profit.

Take care everyone, have a great week.... Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-31-2022, 06:25 AM