The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning

31 degrees headed for 33 with pockets of freezing rain or snow still possible. 

I went for the oil change yesterday and I had to settle for the 29.95 version for synthetic oil.  They told me that up front because they no longer sell anything else.  Checking on line prices for 5 quarts of synthetic I see the range between 22.95 to 39.95 and that is not installed Adding the cost of the filter I was figuring I couldn't crawl under it and do it myself. I went to the customer lounge and had a couple good hot dogs and prepared for the upsell to arrive.  After 45 minutes with nothing I figured I was going to get hammered  but 5 minutes later the lady service writer came in, handed me the keys and said it was all done. She explained there was a 3 dollar disposal fee which was OK so with tax the total bill was 36 bucks. They had checked everything and gave me a detailed report of the condition of the car, topped off all the fluids, checked the brakes and suspension and when I got to the car the real surprise was a free wash job and interior vacuum and they even had washed the windows on the inside.  I don't know if I mentioned it but 6 months ago they told me I would need $300 worth of front brakes and a cabin filter this time so I actually bought pads for my son to install but he said the lining was at 85%. (I also noticed that the staff from the previous visit was missing)  Anyhow, I was very happy on the drive home. 

It was a tough day at the stock market yesterday but GERN was a winner closing at 1.14. It's down to 1.085 this morning. 

My cousin showed up with another 4000 slides to scan for the historical society as well as 50 prints taken of action by the fire department in old fires in the city.  I might just do the prints today to avoid going out in this weather. 

Prayers for a quick settlement to the fighting going on overseas. The last thing the world needs now is more unrest. 

Cheers
           Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 02-25-2022, 09:31 AM