The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning Blue. 

I woke to a light coating of snow and 28 degrees. The sunis shining now so hopefully it will warm the sunporch so i can have coffee on it. 

I started on a diet 3 days ago and I am tempted to post progress here to keep me honest. I am 100 pounds overweight and I can no longer enjoy the things I did outside because of that, and like smoking and drinking overeating is my problem.  

I had told everyone we adopted a Border Collie from our grand daughter  a year ago. We named him Clyde because we have a Samoyed named Bonnie. He now weighs 78 pounds and there is not a bit of fat on him. Because of his weight and size my wife figured my grand daughter got scammed because he is supposed to be pure border collie.
(she got two brothers at the time).  Mary sent for the Embark DNA test and the results came back yesterday. he is 100% border collie and his genetic make up is pure as far back as the test will show, and he has excellent genetic health with no predisposition to any of the breed diseases. The test is very thorough, and money well spent. I am glad we did it. We got word that Bonnies breeder passed away last week. I was saddened by that news, but she has been in very bad health for over 10 years. 

I had booked marked a site for new carpet for our motor home and clicking on it this morning I saw the price had increase by 20 bucks so rather than waiting for another increase I ordered it. It has to be custom formed but it is nice that it is still available. 

If I forgot to tell Lutz happy retirement, consider it done now. I feel lucky for my years. My dad retired when he turned 62 in 1984 and dropped dead 6 weeks later.  

Safe travels and good health to all.
        Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 03-03-2022, 09:44 AM