The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(03-04-2022, 08:43 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Charlie: As far as I know, it's not the tax that's gone up 50% during the last half year.

For some reason the government (who are up for election this year) decided to discontinue the fee for renewing licence plates, and refund what's been paid in the last year. I find this totally incomprehensible.

David, I was just wondering how much tax is on a liter of fuel there. In Ohio we pay 38.5 cents on a gallon of gas and the feds ad another 49.5 cents. Diesel gets hit 47 cents by the state and 54.6 cents by the feds. I didn't mean to imply your tax had gone up. 

We are using less fuel so they want to add a tax to energy efficient vehicles to make them pay higher taxes. Ohio currently adds a yearly fee of $100 to hybreds and a $200 fee to electrics 

As for the fee for renewing license plates that you pay is it just the charge for registering, or the entire cost of the plates. I think the "registration fee" here is $5.00 per plate which goes to the license bureau that does the paper work for the state. The fee for a passenger car for a year is 31.00 plus we pay an additional 15 bucks for the township per plate so the fee is 46 bucks for the car The truck and motor home are a total of $63 each (plus the $5 registration fee), (Only the government can figure a way to make you pay a fee to pay a tax) Wink

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 03-04-2022, 09:51 PM