The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, no rain here yesterday, some out on the SE side of the valley, and NE of the valley, maybe some today. Still going to be a bit chilly until about mid next week. Could be some snow up in the high country.

Charlie, I just got my plate renewal notice for my 2020 Honda. Fees are low, but there is a tax that is based on the value of the vehicle that really gets you in the wallet. Each year, the tax goes down by 10% of the previous year. Here's the breakdown for this year:

Registration fee   $8.00
Air Quality            1.75
License tax        511.06
ezdays plates      25.00 (yeah, my avatar is really a photo of my license plate)
Postage                1.16
TOTAL            $546.97

Our gasoline tax in Arizona is low, around 19 cents a gallon. On top of that, I pay around $1400 a year for insurance. I can remember when gas was 19 cents a gallon and registration was around $10

I also just got my Post Office box bill. Back in 2004 when I first opened it, the fee was $32 for six months. My bill is now $106, that is over twice the rate of inflation. Seems like everything the government has a hand in increases well above the inflation rate, all except our SSI. Icon_cry

Drywall guy is suppose to be here this morning to finish up. With any luck, I can get my layout back where it belongs and have access to my workbenches. I say two benches, actually, one is a table that I use to build structures, the other one is a real bench for everything else. The first thing I have to do is to add some wiring while the two sections of my layout are apart, then on to the structure challenge.

Have a great weekend, and remember those innocent folks in the Ukraine.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-05-2022, 08:24 AM