The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 37 with a supposed high of 64. Our high temperatures for the next ten days are all above 55 with no lows below freezing. Could winter be over? This is Pennsylvania anything could happen.

My newest home project arrived yesterday; an outdoor bench that requires assembly. Guess what I will be doing later today.

The wife's therapy went well. They changed a few things to see if it would help with her recent pain. She spoke with the cardiologist's office regarding the low blood pressure and they changed some of her meds and she has an appointment in two weeks.

I worked on two Accurail cars last night and had problems with both of them. As part of my tuning up I am replacing the pin that holds the truck and adding a screw to the coupler box lid. I am doing this because I have had too many pins and coupler box lids fall off during operating sessions. The trucks are easy. Remove the pin, thread the hole, add screw. Accurail actually sells the screws you can use for this and the coupler box. On one car I had a truck pin break while I was removing it. I had to drill out the hole. With the coupler lids the process involves removing the cover, threading the hole, cutting off the pin and drilling a hole through the lid. Then you reassemble and attach with a screw. Of course each car had one lid the pin broke off and I had to drill out the hole. I have two more cars to do but these ae just replacing the plastic couplers with Kadee couplers. I added the screws when I built the cars.

I will pull out another Athearn Blue Box and work on it so I can take some photos of the process and post a thread. If I am daring I may do the same with an Accurail car.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 03-15-2022, 08:58 AM