The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, it looks dry outside so I checked the county rain map, bunches of rain on the east side of the valley, just a smattering here on the west side, and zippo here in Surprise. Suppose to have some around 6:00 this morning, one forecast says 60% chance, another 85 yet another just 15. The weird thing is that they are all correct regardless if it rains or doesn't. High today, 68, snow up in the high country usually means cold weather down here in the desert.

Gas is still up there, Costco and a few others are $4.59, some are as high as $4.89. Based on what other parts of the country are at, I think we're getting skinned here. Not as bad as California, but close.

We did go target shooting yesterday, cloudy and warm, and it became quite windy which blows away our targets (plastic bottles with some water in them for ballast), once they get hit. We did very well and had a great time. And yes, we did track down all those bottles and took as much of the brass back as well. I have a bucket of brass that I can bring to the scrap yard and get paid about enough to cover my gas that I used to get there and back. Plus, I usually spend a few hours sorting out rocks, live ammo and anything that's not brass.

Just about finished with my ole-fashion Arby's for our challenge. It's not too late to join in, there's still over two months left, so how about a few more joining in. It's a build challenge, kits, kitbashes, scratchbuilds so come on......

Take care and stay warm and dry.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-29-2022, 06:19 AM