The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
I'm working on an addition to the track cleaning train. Well, a new edition of one I made earlier this year.
I had a little "car" that was a floor, trucks and couplers and a big weight. I added two powerful magnets (well, 1/4" all round). This should pick up any metal bits that fell off into the tracks.

I went to the hobby shop yesterday to get enough bits to make a second car. I found that they no longer stock floor material (and probably no clerestory roof stock) and no cast metal bolsters. I ended up with 2 feet of 1" by 1/8" basswood. I couldn't figure out what the trucks were that they were selling but found a pair at home. I also found that my stash contained 5 pieces of the wood already. The bolsters will be a stick of wood. Couplers are in stock.

I bought a couple of drill bits to replace the 2-56 bit that I think I may have been using for 50 years. These ones seem to actually be sharp.

One of our specialty hardware chains sells a tube of powerful magnets, about 1/4" diameter and lengths frome not much up 1/2" or more.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by BR60103 - 04-14-2022, 07:11 PM