The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning good people. Saturday, slept in again, like Tom's cartoon, when you get hit by that "old age" truck, it tends to make you a bit lazy at times, Saturday morning is one of them for me. Awesome Oh, officially, we didn't make 100. Our "official" temperature is taken at Sky Harbor Airport and it only hit 99 there. Got up to 101 in other parts of the valley though.

Went grocery shopping yesterday, got hit big time by inflation. A carton of 18 eggs at Walmart before the pandemic was around $1.54. During the pandemic, it went up to $2.50. Yesterday it is now $5.00. A $1.50 can of soup is now $1.98. That's quite a bit higher than the numbers that we're being fed, although I did see a few items that hadn't changed prices recently. Didn't even stop at the meat dep't, I didn't want to go into a depressed state any more than I already was... Icon_cry My 6% SSI "raise", isn't going to help much, especially since part of that went back to the government for Medicare. 

We missed Cinco de Mayo the other day. That's a big deal around here, extra seating put out in Mexican restaurant parking lots. Me, I stayed home as usual.

Enough old-age grumbling, everyone have a great weekend if you can, do something that you enjoy. Me, I have some plumbing to work on and that's OK, I like fixing things.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 05-07-2022, 07:59 AM