The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(05-10-2022, 10:52 AM)sir james Wrote: Harbor Freight doesn't seem to have parts for anything they sell. I was told a long time ago don't buy anything there you won't want to throw away. That includes their generators. I do buy there but nothing overly expensive.

Agree, the tools I buy there are for occasional use and most are "throw away" if they stop working. Cost has always been on the low end with no thought of repair. If I was a carpenter or cabinet maker, I'd go elsewhere, but their tools are fine for how often I use it. In this case, I have a 200#, 6' tall safe I can't just throw in the garbage can, so now I'm stuck with a digital safe that only opens with a key. Icon_cry 

I see where they're carrying a few higher cost brands now, still their own brands, but I hope of higher quality. On the plus side, I have a floor model, 10" table saw with cast metal table that I bought there 20 years ago and it's doing fine. Had to replace the on/off switch a few years ago (found one on Amazon), that's it... Goldth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 05-10-2022, 02:05 PM