The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks, it's kind of slow here in the Hobo Camp, but it's a holiday weekend and some are busy and even traveling. The TV news showed a shot of I-17 around 5:00 yesterday and it didn't look too busy. Wondering if the record gas prices has anything to do with that. I also notice that traffic is a lot lighter early in the mornings too, could also be that the snowbirds have all flown home. None of this has any affect on gas prices though, most Costco's here are now at $5.09, I see $5.49 in New River, just north along I-17.

Got my house cleaned yesterday, the cleaning lady likes to sit and chat for a while which is OK, I have the time. There is a "no soliciting... please", sign near my front door, yet I do get an occasional sales guy anxious to let me know that he's not selling anything when I point to the sign, those are usually peddling solar power, which is popular here. Their pitch is that they are not selling solar panels, but there to save you money pointing out how low your power bill will be, but not mentioning the monthly payment for the panels offset most of that savings. I had a guy ring the bell the other day, pointed to my security yard sign and obviously wanted me to switch to his company. I told him that I was personal friends with the owners and have been with them a very long time, but  he was still talking when I shut to door. I guess they think that those signs aren't for them, even though in our city, they are committing a misdemeanor by ignoring them.

Enjoy the weekend, and don't forget to pray for those victims in Texas, SJ's family (sorry to hear that) and for all those who gave the ultimate to defend our freedom. That's what Monday is all about, to remind us not to take our freedom for granted, it was fought for many times. Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 05-28-2022, 08:26 AM