The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, Saturday, a day of rest, pleasures or honey-dos, depends on how you approach it. Me, I'm choosing rest. My right eye is still swollen and is giving me double vision so I don't think I'll be going anywhere or doing much of anything today.

Gas is up again here as well, we'll hit $6.00 a gallon very soon. Diesel is even higher, so you can expect this to reflect in the cost of everything else. I have breakfast with someone that's in the trucking industry and he is frequently telling us how things there are affected by inflation. He's saying that right now liability insurance for one driver is around $18,000 a year, triple what it was, and that doesn't insure the truck. To buy a brand new cab a year ago was around $150,000, today, he says, that's $250,000. He also discusses the actual cost of shipping now compared to even a year ago, and it spoils your appetite. Inflation is out of control and no one seems to care except those of us that have to stand in line at the grocery store. Gotta check out quickly before prices go up on what we have in our basket. Icon_rolleyes I get gas early in the day, try to beat theĀ  gas delivery truck.

I get at least one call every day from someone wanting to either list or buy my house. I could make a fantastic profit thanks to inflation, but then what do I do? I have no intention of moving, too much work, too costly and my "profit" would all go to living somewhere else anyway.

OK, let's just put on a happy face and enjoy the weekend.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-04-2022, 07:49 AM