The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning Everyone, I went to Pittsburgh on June 2 for a follow up because I've been having severe pain in my right foot that I had surgery done to last November. I talked with my doctor ( same doctor who did my 1st surgery ) and he compaired my MRI image before my surgery and my most recent one on April 25. Well it turns out that when I slipped on ice back in Feb, I ended up tearing the Peroneus Brevis Tendon. The doctor gave me two options, 1 he releases me back to full duty and I live with the pain the rest of my life or I have a 2nd foot surgery to fix the tendon. He looked at me and said that first option is already out the window. So my surgery is set for July 6th but I won't know what time to be there until July 5th. This is just another set back for me and I will be off of work for at least a month again. The doctor was not happy with the P.A when he seen the tendon was torn because when I talked to them back in May, they told me they was not concerned about it. I kept telling them that something was wrong and this P.A was not listening to me. It took for my doctor to come in on this last visit for something to be done. He said I should have been out there in May and had this surgery scheduled and done by now. He was not happy with the P.A and neither was myself or my nurse case manager. The only thing good about this is that I won't have to worry about slipping on ice a couple months after surgery.

The doctor checked my ankle and he agreed with the P.A that it was stable but he looked at her and said it can be as stable as it wants to be but as long as there is a tear in that tendon, he is not going to be able to apply pressure or stand on it for long periods of time. I looked at the doctor and said that I am unable to do that. I can only press on a big medicine ball for no more that 25-30 seconds before I have to stop. Also therapy had me doing an exercise where I had to pick up my left foot and stand on my right but bend over and act like I was picking an item off the floor. While doing this exercise my ankle would give out every time and cause more pain. I told the doctor this and the look on his face was well, not very happy. He told me to stop therapy right away to which I did. I thanked him for being at this appointment and that I will see him in a little over a month. I am to continue with my work restrictions as set forth from before, so I am still dispatching with the medical transportation company I've been with for almost 2 years now. I wanted to give you all an update as I haven't been here much lately and that is the reason why because I come home, relax and do nothing because of the pain.

I hope you all are doing well and are enjoying the weekend. Take care my friends.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by LiveSteamer - 06-05-2022, 03:11 AM